What: A new challenge launching October 2019 to support debut authors and illustrators in the Kidlit community.
Why: Debut authors and illustrators are in the exciting position of launching their first book into the world. Let’s give them a boost by writing honest reviews. More reviews equals increased visibility, which helps get our books into the hands of our most important audience: children! That’s why we’re in this business, after all.
Who: You! Whether you are a Kidlit creator yourself (published or prepublished), a teacher, librarian, parent, or class/group, your reviews matter!
When: Four times/year: October-November; January-February; March-April; May-June.
Where: Write your honest reviews on sites such as Amazon and Goodreads.
How: Just follow these easy steps –
- Follow #DebutReviewChallenge on Twitter and Instagram to find debut creators and their books.
- Keep track of how many reviews you write for debut authors and illustrators. Any Kidlit genre is fair game, from board book to young adult. Download the Review Record, below, to help you keep track of your progress.
- Every time you complete 5 honest reviews online (this includes a rating AND comments), record your accomplishment on this Google Form.
- For every 5 reviews, your name will be entered to win prizes such as signed books, Skype visits, manuscript critiques, and more!
- There is no limit to how many entries you submit. Every time you complete 5 reviews, fill out the form.
- No need to share your reviews with me. This challenge works on the honor system.
READ … REVIEW … REPEAT!
If you are a traditionally published Debut Kidlit creator who would like to get involved by doing a blog interview, being spotlighted on social media, or by offering prizes for challenge winners, please click HERE!
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Contact me: laura (at) laurarenauld (dot) com
Thank you to Tara Lazar for hosting my Storystorm Success Story and helping me launch this challenge!